Kilimanjaro Foothills Day trips
Our day trips include number of Cultural Tourism Programs in which visitors are taken by a local guide to meet villagers and understand their traditional way of life were set up with the assistance of Akaro Tours a few years back. Mo,there are in Materuni, Kinukamori and volcanic Lake Chala that enable visitors to explore the lower foothills of the mountains Click here for more
Kilimanjaro Climbing information
DAY TRIPS TOUR ACTIVITIES IN MOSHI – MATERUNI
- You pass through coffee and banana plantation
- Visit local people/life and enjoy tradition of Chagga people
- Enjoying the nature of the slopes of mount Kilimanjaro
- Explanation of different flowers
- Visit the waterfalls and enjoy swimming if you like to.
- Hiking up to the boundary of mount Kilimanjaro
- Learn how to make local coffee and drink your own made coffee
- Learn how to make local beer if you like
- Hike to the best view of the snow peak of Mt. Kilimanjaro if not covered by forks of clouds
Are you planning East Africa Holiday and need more information please contact us for free information?
East Africa Travel Tips and Advisories, Kenya and Tanzania tips:
Visitors are required to have the correct visa documentation on arrival at any of our ports of entry and since these depend on nationality, country of residence and countries through which you have passed en-route, it is essential to check the rules applicable with your travel agent, airline, the nearest tourist office or diplomatic mission.
Clothing and Equipment
It is recommended to both ladies and gentlemen that light, easy-wear clothing should be worn on safari. A comfortable pair of walking shoes or safari boots, sunglasses, swimming costumes and a warm cardigan is advisable. Do bring along a torch, binoculars, suntan creams, ample films and disposable razors. Please remember that topless bathing is forbidden.
A medium sized suitcase and an overnight bag is the usual baggage allowance on most safaris. On your departure form Kenya or Tanzania, please ensure that the baggage total weight does not exceed 23 kilos per person. On the local charter flights only 15 kilos baggage is allowed. We suggest that you limit the baggage weight as much as possible to avoid payment of excess weight.